I read the emigrant guide and it looks like that I have to file tax.
Will look more in detail. I did sell the property with a loss, guess I can claim that. I was on H-1 visa before, but I know you can do it with TN visa. Not sure about your situation. For us, living in Windsor is to maintain Canadian resident status for citizenship. bordering crossing might be very bad sometimes. if you have canadian citizenship, it's better to live in US side,. find some better places near detroit, like troy. rochester hill. -windsor1912(day_trader) 2008-4-7